We are so very grateful to the wonderful volunteers who help us in the charity. Would you like to join the team?
We offer you:
- A role that we believe you will enjoy and one from which you will gain a great deal of personal satisfaction
- The training you need
- Support from our employed staff who will always be on the premises with you
- A lovely environment in which to work
- The opportunity to participate in the time credits programme (ask us for details)
- DBS checks as necessary
Are you calm, patient and supportive? Do you enjoy helping others to reach their potential? Do you want to do something useful and meaningful with some of your spare time?
Experience of working with people with special needs, particularly those with communication difficulties is greatly valued but is not essential. Neither do you need the gardening skills of Alan Titchmarsh, Monty Don or Charlie Dimmock as training will be provided if required.
Our volunteer work is varied including indoor and outdoor activities, gardening and garden restoration and maintenance. We also have opportunities for volunteers to help with fundraising events.
- Support our members with garden tasks, basic woodwork, creating products for resale (such as hanging baskets) and other similar activities?
- Help out with larger garden projects as they arise?
- Enhance the overall experience for our members through another skill you may have such as music, art or drama?
- Help us to organise fundraising events?
- Help us to boost our social media presence e.g. Facebook?
- Help to sell plants and produce?
- Help us with office administration?
We’d be delighted to speak with you even if you can only spare a little of your time.